Description / Rules
We’re very easy going here but we do have some rules to keep things running smoothly.
- Upon joining, please just say hi and introduce yourself. This is more common courtesy than anything else.
- No spam. Spamming the general channel is the fastest way to get yourself banned. If you have services to offer, post in the ‘hire me’ section ONLY, to a relevant channel.
- Do not use the ‘everyone’ tag. This is the 2nd fastest way to get banned.
- Do your research before asking questions. We’re very supportive and always happy to help you out, but vague questions will be subject to sarcastic answers.
- This is a supportive community. If a junior member needs help, please take some small time out of your day to help them, if you are able to. We were all new at this once.
- This server is for freelancers and remote IT workers. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve, or you see something missing that would really help you, contact a mod or admin.
- Job adverts should be posted in the ‘jobs’ section ONLY, to a relevant channel.
- We are not allowing people to post unpaid job postings. If you see someone doing this please report them.
- We have a HIRE ME section, where candidates are free to post their bio, portfolio and information about what role they are seeking.
- We also have the JOBS section, where companies and individuals are free to post their job adverts.
- Each section is divided into job type/category/channel (i.e. devops, developers, etc), please post your advert to the relevant one.
- Job offers should be descriptive and contain all relevant information about the role. „DM me if you’d like to have an extra income” is not a job offer and will be deleted.
- Channels starting with rss-, are rss-driven job postings, individuals and companies should not post their jobs there.
If you have any questions about these rules or any other concerns, feel free to message @genius